Visualware's AccessCM™ Appliance Identifies Data Flow Quality Problems for Internet / Intranet Connections
New micro appliance provides real-time reports of data flow errors impacting application service and network performance
TURLOCK, CALIF. – May 6, 2011 -- Visualware Inc., a leading developer of Internet connectivity measurement and analysis solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the MCS AccessCM (ACM) appliance to quickly identify connection quality problems that degrade service to the customer.
The ACM goes beyond standard connection measurements to monitor packet flow and identify the actual events that impact connection quality and application performance. The ACM also supports a variety of connection tests to measure key indicators of bandwidth, UDP capacity, VoIP jitter and packet loss, network routing analysis.
The ACM can act as a testing server to provide connection testing POPs that include self-help browser-based testing, this enables quick analysis of remote customer connections without the need to install any software or hardware at the customer location. In addition, ACMs can act as a testing client to initiate connection tests from the appliance. The client testing option enables automated quality measures from remote customer sites, data centers and key network locations to troubleshoot connection problems or monitor connection performance on a continuous basis. Access Series benefits include:
• Measures data quality on the WAN and the remote LAN, including data corruption, data loss, duplicates, retransmits
• Enable edge-to-edge and end-to-end testing, easy mobility and plug in architecture of the devices enable testing between any two points on a network
• Web-based connection testing provides a quick and easy means to measure connection quality for remote users
• Automated testing at regular intervals provides views to connection quality over extended time periods to highlight patterns in performance
• Secure testing platform, the devices have a chip-based architecture and be deployed without the risk of compromise through viruses and hack attacks
• Seamless integration with MyConnection Server® for large scale central management
• Precision of result, test results are isolated from customer equipment interference to the measurement process.
• Eliminates server hardware and administration costs
The ACM is the latest addition to the MCS Access Series family of micro appliances that extend the MyConnection Server network performance testing solution. The ACM provides a cost effective and easily managed solution to continuously monitor, test and troubleshoot connection performance.
More information is available at http://www.myconnectionserver.com/learnmore/quality.html.
About Visualware Inc.
Visualware provides effective solutions that help businesses better manage Internet application performance and resolve connectivity problems. For more information, visit www.visualware.com.