MySpeed™ v7 Measures Connection Speeds and VoIP Quality,
Identifies Bandwidth Problems
New analysis reports identify the cause of connection problems and poor VoIP quality
TURLOCK, Calif. – July 31, 2007 – Visualware
Inc., a leading developer of Internet connectivity measurement and
analysis tools, today announced the immediate availability of MySpeed
Server v7, the latest release for their popular bandwidth testing and
analysis application. Version 7 adds significant enhancements to improve
ease-of-use and provide in-depth reports that help isolate the cause
of connection performance problems.
MySpeed Server analyzes connections between a server and remote users,
providing precise measurement of download and upload bandwidth speeds,
and reports key performance metrics and graphical analytics. MySpeed
also measures the connection quality, or consistency of bandwidth delivery,
which is a critical factor affecting connection performance and web-application
MySpeed Server VoIP editions add simulation of VoIP data traffic
over a connection, enabling businesses and end-users to test the capacity
of a connection as well as the suitability of a connection to support
VoIP traffic. The data flow is accurately analyzed for packets that
arrive out of order, arrive late, or are dropped or discarded -- all
of which negatively impact VoIP sound quality and often result in garbled
and unintelligible conversation.
MySpeed Server v7 key features:
• Browser-based administration reduces deployment time, improves usability by providing easy access to geographically dispersed support groups
MySpeed Server is available in six specialized editions for the Windows,
Linux and Unix platforms, license options start at $395. The product
may be tried live online at http://myspeed.visualware.com and http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com ;
free 15-day evaluation versions may be downloaded from http://www.myspeed.com .
• TCP Analysis Graph quickly identifies network quality issues and speed variation patterns, helps identify network congestion issues, ISP throttling impact and TCP window size problems
• VoIP Analysis Graph identifies jitter variation and packet loss over time, and more importantly quickly identifies packet loss distribution
• Network Provider and Country Location of the client are logged to the database with test results to define distance and validation of RTT times
• Improved Management of Remote Agents, remote agents can be easily created, published for download, and managed -- including removal -- using the MySpeed browser-based server console
• Automated Alerts deliver proactive notification by email of any test results that violate service level thresholds
About Visualware Inc.
Visualware provides solutions that help businesses and individuals
better manage Internet application performance and resolve connectivity
problems. For more information, visit www.visualware.com.